Dept. of Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Urbana, IL 61801-2307
Office: SyNeRCyS Lab, Coordinated Science Laboratory (CSL) 440
Phone: (858) 291-2161;
I am a PhD student specializing in Networking for Real-time Systems, advised by Prof. Sibin Mohan.
The goal of my research is to design safety-critical networks that are predictable and deterministic (hence safer), resilient to failures and cheaper (using commodity protocols and hardware). Examples of domains where my research is useful include : Automotive Networks, Industrial Control Systems, Power Grid (Substation) Networks and Aerospace Networks. Prior to Illinois, I obtained Masters and Bachelors degrees from UC San Diego and NIT/REC Tiruchirappalli.
I am interested collaborating with undergraduate/masters students particularly interested in embedded systems, so please do reach out to me if you are interested in working on projects together.
Some research contributions:
- Network Scheduling for Hard Real-time Cyber-Physical Networks
- Reliable IoT : Building Dependable Sensors for IoT
- Ashish Kashinath, Monowar Hasan, Sibin Mohan, Rakesh B Bobba, Radhika Mittal Improving Dependability via Deadline Guarantees in Commodity Real-time Networks, SecSDN Workshop, GLOBECOM '20, Taipei
- Kyo Kim, Siddhartha Nalluri, Ashish Kashinath, Yu Wang, Sibin Mohan, Miroslav Pajic, Bo Li Security Analysis against Spoofing Attacks for Distributed UAVs, DISS Workshop, NDSS '20, San Diego
- [POSTER] Ashish Kashinath, Monowar Hasan, Sibin Mohan, Rakesh B Bobba Advanced Networking for Resilient Energy Delivery Systems, CREDC Industry Workshop '20, Houston
- Ashish Kashinath, Monowar Hasan, Rakesh Kumar, Sibin Mohan, Rakesh B Bobba, and Smruti Padhy Safety Critical Networks using Commodity SDNs, INFOCOM '21, Virtual Conference
Note: This paper is unpublished because it is controversial. It has been rejected from RTSS'19, RTAS'20, EMSOFT'20 and ECRTS'19. The first version was written in Mid-Fall 2018, and a version with the current name and authors dates to Summer 2020. However, the authors make updates every few months, before putting it aside again.
A web-site for a class I assisted, as a TA at UC San Diego:
Graduate Computer Networks
Computer Organization & Systems Programming
Social Media: I try to avoid social media.
Service: JSys student Editorial Board